The isle is a quiet place except during summer holidays. During summer, the number of inhabitants on the île de Ré is multiplied by 10.
As a consequence finding a parking place can be a real issue. Our house is located next to the church’s place which is a free car park. Other free car parks were created in the neighbourhood, as the Jaulaines park, when heading to the beach.
Here is the list of the parking lots:
– Rue Chantecorps
– Rue de la Crapaudière
– Rue de la Rampe
– Rue Berchotteau
– Rue de Montamer (next to the Maison du Magayant)
– Rue des Battages
– Place Antioche
– Rue des Moineaux (next to the gare routière)
– Place de la Pléiade (next to Médiathèque)
– Place de la Mairie (rue de la République)
– Place Eudes d’Aquitaine (next to the church)
– Rue Port-Notre-Dame